Pennsylvania Homeowner Assistance Fund (PAHAF)
Visit PAHAF.ORG or call 888-987-2423
The maximum amount of assistance for any homeowner under the PAHAF is $30,000 or up to 24 months of assistance. Funds can be used to resolve delinquent sewage payments or liens.
Applicants who are eligible will meet the following criteria:
1. Household income is equal to or less than 150% area median income (AMI), which varies by locality. Priority will be given to households at or below 100% AMI.
2. Homeowner owns and occupies the property as their primary residence
3. Property is in Pennsylvania
4. Homeowner experienced a financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic after January 21, 2020 (including a hardship that began before January 21, 2020 and continued after that date)
5. Homeowner cannot receive the same assistance for mortgage payment, mortgage reinstatement, property charges, and/or utility payment from another federal, state, local, nonprofit, or tribal source
6. Homeowner’s first mortgage is a conforming loan and meets the federal limits for the year in which the loan was taken
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services: Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
Who May Apply: Households that are in emergency situations maintain essential water access. Crisis situations include: past-due water bills; termination of water service; or, threat of termination of water service in the next 60 days.
Use: To help families who have overdue water bills or at risk of losing water service for their home.
Funds: One crisis grant for drinking water service and one crisis grant for wastewater service, up to $2,500 each.
Application Deadline: No Deadline Provided
More Information: Click on https://www.dhs.pa.gov/Services/Assistance/Pages/LIHWAP.aspx.
ECONOMY BOROUGH https://www.economyborough.org/admin/
AMBRIDGE WATER AUTHORITY https://ambwater.org/
PA MUNICIPAL AUTHORITIES ASSOCIATION https://www.municipalauthorities.org/
PA RURAL WATER ASSOCIATION https://www.prwa.com/
WESTERN PA WATER POLLUTION CONTROL ASSOCIATION http://www.wpwpca.org/
PA WATER ENVIRONMENT ASSOCIATION https://www.pwea.org/about.php
PA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION https://www.dep.pa.gov/About/Pages/default.aspx